Stray Maine Coon cat arrived full of matted fur -- UPDATED PICS!

They have at most pet stores a waterless bath cloth if he smells bad just use those he would probably enjoy it. They have a light clean smell to them and since he is hair less right now they would probably work very well. Much better than a bath at this time!
Good Luck!

Chickenannie
The extra claws are on the extra toes. There are like the other toes, they just dont touch the ground so they dont wear off like normal. I cut our cats extra nails 2-3 times a year.
Tink

OK, finally got my pics of the stray Maine Coon processed.
Prepare to LAUGH!!!! (at his silly hair cut). No that's not a "cat wig" it's all real.

First pic is just cute:
lionkitty1.jpg

Here's the scary part:
lionkitty2.jpg

lionkitty2a.jpg

Now he's mad and is sticking his tongue out at me...
smile.png

lionkitty3.jpg

Truth is, he's a very lovable lap cat. very much a sweetie.

OK, my stray cat cries a LOT. I have him on my lap and/or petting him much of the time I'm at home. But as soon as I have to do some work and can't have him on my lap he meows and meows. Does anyone have advice? Will this go away? Is this a Maine Coon trait? I thought it was just because he was a stray and needed a home. But now it seems like he might just do this all the time. I can't possibly pet and lover him more than I already do and the crying is a bit much all the time.

I would guess that he may still be feeling insecure and want attention and reassurance. He does sound, from the other things you've written, like he is rather worried that his new home might go *poof* and he'd be back on the street
wink.png

Of course if you respond to him every time he mews, you will just be solidifying his belief that being a loud pest is the way to get attention.

I would suggest trying to ignore him when he's mewing, but if he pauses for a minute -- and by 'minute' I really mean "five or ten mews worth", which if he's doing it a lot could be like ten or fifteen seconds <g> -- THEN you look down and act like you've suddenly discovered he's there and make a big thing over him for a minute or so. It will take a little while til he catches on but I promise he WILL EVENTUALLY realize that quiet gets attention, loud gets ignored.

Give him a pat on the head for me,

Pat

Back
Top Bottom