Stray Rooster and the Urban Homestead.

about Peck.... anyone know any good Chicken Crock Pot Recipes? His feet returning to health meant he stopped pecking and started using his spurs... and he is great at drawing blood. I have never given up on an aggressive rooster so fast but his temperament is really bad, I see him as a Liability to keep.
OhTooBad.....thought he was coming around.
Just age the carcass well...3-4 days.

He was aggressive yesterday and I didn't want to post about it, hoping it was just a bad mood day. Today he was aggressive at every interaction I had with him, doing his flutter kicks repeatedly. I tend to laugh at them when they do that and I went about making adjustments to his pen because It hadn't been completed yet. The pen is being designed for breeding leghorns so it needed to be extra tight to contain escape artists in the future. Then he got me real hard with his spur which I had not trimmed yet. Left a huge bruise and a puncture wound. The more I thought about it the more I realized this guy is not going to improve. He will be a liability to keep because he could seriously hurt a little kid if he got out. Tomorrow I believe he gets processed and then his coop cleaned out good with some mite/lice killing spray just to be safe and a leghorn rooster moves in.

I was just thinking that Peck may have been in the horrible condition that he was in because his previous owner couldn't approach him due to his bad attitude.
Although why they didn't dispense with him, we will never know. Anyway, I'm sorry it turned out like this.:(

It was probably someone that has the attitude that they cannot dispense anything that they raised.

Back
Top Bottom