stress releaser...

Elly

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Ok... maybe I sound like I need to get a life, but is there anyone out there that just sits in a lawn chair and watches their chickens. I do it all the time when I get home from work. A nice cup of tea and watching my gals for 1/2 an hour is a real stress releaser for me and I just unwind so much....maybe I should rent out my lawn chair LOL...
big_smile.png

Hmmm...I never thought about taking a chair out to the coop. I'll have to think about that
smile.png

I wouldn't mind having coffee out there either. I love drinking my coffee outside, and I enjoy watching my chickens. Why not combine the two? If I have the day or morning off the first thing I do is throw on some clothes and go out to the coop to let them out/feed/water/eggs. They probably think, "Wow this crazy looking lady comes out here half asleep every morning."
D.gif

My chickens are my day-starter, my coffee buddies, and my after-work stress relievers. I bring treats in the evening (even though they wish for them all the time).

I have a park bench out in my chicken yard. I open the pop-hole and fill feeders and waterers, then sit out there for about a half hour enjoying them and my coffee. Then I go in, and get ready for work.

And no matter how stressful my day at work was- an hour with the girls in the evening beats an expensive therapist any day. I sit out there and let the endorphins kick in...then go clean the kitchen from dinner.

I love them. I wonder if I could get a doctors' note to beat the law here.
tongue.png

Oh my gosh I would love to spend more time watching my chickens. Something just occured to me though. If I didn't spend most of my free time on BYC then I'd have more time to watch my chickens
smile.png
Isn't it ironic? I'm torn.

I love to sit in my chicken run and watch them go about their lives, not a care in the world... a word of warning, though: look before you sit! I find I'm not the only one using my lawn chair...
sickbyc.gif
It's amazing how fast a chicken can wait until I rise from the chair, then the chicken jump ups, leaves a steaming pile, and whisks away in a matter of seconds while unsuspecting mama just backs up and sits right down .... ewwww.... 'nuff said.

ETA for clarity: reread after posting and realized that it sounded like I jumped up and left a steaming pile.... let's make this PERFECTLY CLEAR... NOT I !!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom