1. Drivernumber22

Drivernumber22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    Dawsonville, Georgia
  2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Strike lll is similar to Rooster Booster multi wormer. I've never used neither, but here's a link regarding the Rooster Booster multi wormer for your info:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mer-why-wont-my-chickens-eat-it#post_12182658

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    I've tried the Rooster Booster brand and went back to liquid wormers and tabs. The birds ate all their feed and left the RB crumbles at the bottom of the trough. In order for them to eat it, you'd have to make a wet mash and mix it evenly in the wet mash since most chickens readily eat that. I prefer a liquid or tab since I can measure and ensure that bird is getting the effective dose.

1 person likes this.
  4. Drivernumber22

Drivernumber22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    Dawsonville, Georgia
    I'm prob going to stick with the waze and then follow up with the safeguard. Thanks for y'alls input.

Good news is my rooster is feeling better, think he just gagged on something...

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If you do that, the only worm you're treating effectively is the roundworm. I would think a better plan would be to use Valbazen once, then ten days later, or Safeguard five days in a row. Either of those plans will treat most worms.

-Kathy

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Michael Apple

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    X2. Albendazole and Fenbendazole are safe and much more effective than Wazine. I wouldn't waste any money on Wazine (Piperazene)..

1 person likes this.
  7. darkbrahmamama

darkbrahmamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    I've been using Rooster Booster a few times a year since I got my chickens. Mine eat it up without a problem. I mix it right in with their feed. I also started using a higher dose of the safeguard liquid goat pr Kathy's recommendation. I've owned chickens for 1.5 yrs, & a couple months ago is the first year I gave them a higher dose of the safeguard. I still have some liquid safeguard, once I use that up I'm going to try the pellets & see how well they eat that. My flock seems to keep growing, & giving them all the liquid 3 days in a row takes a while! Then I have to figure out when I'm going to do which one. I'm thinking RB 2x's yr, Safeguard 1 x yr.

1 person likes this.
  8. Michael Apple

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    You can just use bandettes on them so you don't end up dosing the same one twice. When I worm, I get all of them since one showing signs likely means the others have them too. Wormout gel is easy since you just put it in the drinking water. It is expensive though. Some people mix Safeguard in feed but the bolder ones may get more, and the ones lower on the pecking order may not get enough.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  10. darkbrahmamama

darkbrahmamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    Mine have chicken saddles with predator eyes on them. One day I had the genius idea to write names on a couple. Needless to say, they now all have names, so I don't get them mixed up. It's more or less a time issue. It's hard when you do it yourself & have a good amount of chickens to catch, plus horses to take care of before going to work. No excuse, I know, but that's why I look for something to add to their feed or water. I haven't heard of the gel ..... something worth looking into!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by