Strike III

Anyone ever used Strike III?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/durvetreg;-strike-iii-poultry-dewormer-1-lb?cm_vc=-10005

Time to deworm, found some little worms in some poop...

I have no idea if this is related or not, but my rooster hasn't crowed today, seems to be wheezing...let him out today and hes pretty energetic
Strike lll is similar to Rooster Booster multi wormer. I've never used neither, but here's a link regarding the Rooster Booster multi wormer for your info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mer-why-wont-my-chickens-eat-it#post_12182658

I've tried the Rooster Booster brand and went back to liquid wormers and tabs. The birds ate all their feed and left the RB crumbles at the bottom of the trough. In order for them to eat it, you'd have to make a wet mash and mix it evenly in the wet mash since most chickens readily eat that. I prefer a liquid or tab since I can measure and ensure that bird is getting the effective dose.

I'm prob going to stick with the waze and then follow up with the safeguard. Thanks for y'alls input.

Good news is my rooster is feeling better, think he just gagged on something...

I'm prob going to stick with the waze and then follow up with the safeguard. Thanks for y'alls input.

Good news is my rooster is feeling better, think he just gagged on something...
If you do that, the only worm you're treating effectively is the roundworm. I would think a better plan would be to use Valbazen once, then ten days later, or Safeguard five days in a row. Either of those plans will treat most worms.

-Kathy

Last edited:
If you do that, the only worm you're treating effectively is the roundworm. I would think a better plan would be to use Valbazen once, then ten days later, or Safeguard five days in a row. Either of those plans will treat most worms.

-Kathy

X2. Albendazole and Fenbendazole are safe and much more effective than Wazine. I wouldn't waste any money on Wazine (Piperazene)..

I've been using Rooster Booster a few times a year since I got my chickens. Mine eat it up without a problem. I mix it right in with their feed. I also started using a higher dose of the safeguard liquid goat pr Kathy's recommendation. I've owned chickens for 1.5 yrs, & a couple months ago is the first year I gave them a higher dose of the safeguard. I still have some liquid safeguard, once I use that up I'm going to try the pellets & see how well they eat that. My flock seems to keep growing, & giving them all the liquid 3 days in a row takes a while! Then I have to figure out when I'm going to do which one. I'm thinking RB 2x's yr, Safeguard 1 x yr.

My flock seems to keep growing, & giving them all the liquid 3 days in a row takes a while! Then I have to figure out when I'm going to do which one. I'm thinking RB 2x's yr, Safeguard 1 x yr.
You can just use bandettes on them so you don't end up dosing the same one twice. When I worm, I get all of them since one showing signs likely means the others have them too. Wormout gel is easy since you just put it in the drinking water. It is expensive though. Some people mix Safeguard in feed but the bolder ones may get more, and the ones lower on the pecking order may not get enough.

Last edited:
Mine have chicken saddles with predator eyes on them. One day I had the genius idea to write names on a couple. Needless to say, they now all have names, so I don't get them mixed up. It's more or less a time issue. It's hard when you do it yourself & have a good amount of chickens to catch, plus horses to take care of before going to work. No excuse, I know, but that's why I look for something to add to their feed or water. I haven't heard of the gel ..... something worth looking into!

Back
Top Bottom