Stromberg Chicks and Game Fowl

Mine don't look so well I'm worried.

Make sure they have proper heat. They will tell you if all hudled together they are cold. Hard boiled egg yolks are great for seeing how they are feeling. Give it as a treat and if they charge for it they are fine if all of a sudden one isn't hungry better see whats wrong.

Your chicks are only a few days old, by a week old the flight feathers are quite developed, yours are not yet. As far as being droopy they might need to be put on Corid to fight off cocci, it is everywhere, they may have been exposed before they were shipped or maybe they got it from you. It can be air born or transported on you and your clothing. Vitamins and electrolits in the water can also help but it won't defend against cocci.

Thanks by the way. Moved the heat to 90%+. Got the vitamin/electrolytes for there water. I've been giving them the turkey game fowl started that is 25% protein. I've added a bowl of crushed hard boiled egg whites with the shell. Three were having trouble walking yesterday and their wings were hanging down. Today they seem better but one is still hanging 'her' wing down (the littlest one)

Thanks by the way. Moved the heat to 90%+. Got the vitamin/electrolytes for there water. I've been giving them the turkey game fowl started that is 25% protein. I've added a bowl of crushed hard boiled egg whites with the shell. Three were having trouble walking yesterday and their wings were hanging down. Today they seem better but one is still hanging 'her' wing down (the littlest one)

Its the yellow color of the yolk that makes them go crazy for it. Just wondering why are you giving them the shell? Only reason i give to them eggs is to assess their mood and condition. Gamebird feed is pretty balanced already and if they are eating it well I usually don't supplement. On peas better to have the heat and not need it as and let them self regulate.

Its the yellow color of the yolk that makes them go crazy for it. Just wondering why are you giving them the shell? Only reason i give to them eggs is to assess their mood and condition. Gamebird feed is pretty balanced already and if they are eating it well I usually don't supplement. On peas better to have the heat and not need it as and let them self regulate.

Great point Eyekey you, we are doing the yearly switch from 28% crumbles to whole grains for the carb aspect in cooler weather, well, cool Texas weather,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Back
Top Bottom