Strongly suspect Mareks: Looking for advice, support, success stories, and hugs

Thanks for the update.
Sorry to hear your Roo is not doing well....it's highly likely he is now showing signs of Marek's too.

Yep, my thoughts as well. This virus is changing the chicken dreams we had starting out. Just curious, where in Houston do you live? We lived in Spring Branch and Bear Creek for 12 years when I worked for the Houston Zoo.

Yep, my thoughts as well. This virus is changing the chicken dreams we had starting out. Just curious, where in Houston do you live? We lived in Spring Branch and Bear Creek for 12 years when I worked for the Houston Zoo.
I'm further south then Spring Branch. Were you living there a few years back when that whole area was under water from the floods? Horrible.

KikisGirls: "I'm further south then Spring Branch. Were you living there a few years back when that whole area was under water from the floods? Horrible."

I remember seeing those floods on the news, and it brought back memories. Our stay in Texas was 1980-1993. We were in Spring Branch near the old West Belt Rd. and I-10 in the early '80s. That area flooded every time we had a big rain. We lived for a while in '83 down in Montrose near Herman Park when Hurricane Alicia hit and left about a foot of glass on the streets all around downtown. Then we bought our first home out in Bear Creek by HWY 6 and Clay Rd. That area was a flood plain with rice paddies...perfect for a subdivision! We had a tornado take out part of our neighborhood once. We love Texas and the folks there (and Tex-mex and Texas style BBQ) and visit often, but don't miss the traffic and the humidity.

KikisGirls: "I'm further south then Spring Branch. Were you living there a few years back when that whole area was under water from the floods? Horrible."

I remember seeing those floods on the news, and it brought back memories. Our stay in Texas was 1980-1993. We were in Spring Branch near the old West Belt Rd. and I-10 in the early '80s. That area flooded every time we had a big rain. We lived for a while in '83 down in Montrose near Herman Park when Hurricane Alicia hit and left about a foot of glass on the streets all around downtown. Then we bought our first home out in Bear Creek by HWY 6 and Clay Rd. That area was a flood plain with rice paddies...perfect for a subdivision! We had a tornado take out part of our neighborhood once. We love Texas and the folks there (and Tex-mex and Texas style BBQ) and visit often, but don't miss the traffic and the humidity.
I bet your old house was under water recently.
Houston has some serious flooding issues...
It gets pretty bad fairly quick here.

Does this sound like Marek's? My English Lavender Orpington 5months) began dragging toes before her limp step. Today is day 3, no change. Her toes are not curled though. She can stretch her leg out behind her. But mostly, she stands on one leg. I do think it's something neurologic since she drags her toes, and sometimes she places her bad food directly on top of the good foot..like she doesn't fully know where she's placing it. She has a hard time lifting the bad leg forward. Example is trying to step over the small lip to get out of the dog kennel. She tries and tries to get that foot up there, but it hits the lip. She does perch on a small branch that I gave her. Any thoughts? She and others her age were not vaccinated, and some of my older hatchery birds were.

Does this sound like Marek's? My English Lavender Orpington 5months) began dragging toes before her limp step. Today is day 3, no change. Her toes are not curled though. She can stretch her leg out behind her. But mostly, she stands on one leg. I do think it's something neurologic since she drags her toes, and sometimes she places her bad food directly on top of the good foot..like she doesn't fully know where she's placing it. She has a hard time lifting the bad leg forward. Example is trying to step over the small lip to get out of the dog kennel. She tries and tries to get that foot up there, but it hits the lip. She does perch on a small branch that I gave her. Any thoughts? She and others her age were not vaccinated, and some of my older hatchery birds were.
Can you possible upload a short video to youtube then share a link to it here?
Yes it does sound like Marek's.
Is she eating and drinking fine?How do her eyes look?
Any new birds brought in recently?

Back
Top Bottom