Struggling with my current duck hatch

Pics
Yes, I had wet the food and made a little “soup” so to speak. I did offer it some food off my finger but it was wetted down not dry. I hope so too; I hated leaving the poor little one. I’m trying to get someone to stop by and check on it.
With the crackling noise: I've had chicks and ducks have that before. Several times a day a massage the crop area. I've had great success with the massages and have only lost 1 with it. Whenever you can try it.
I take the chick/duckling and hold it in my left hand. With my right hand thumb I massage a circle counterclockwise and then upward towards the throat/head. I do it 10 times. Then I let them rest and come back later and do it again. I try to do it 3 times a day or more.
(sorry I missed you saying the crackling noise was being made or I would have told you earlier. :()
There is air in the crop of your baby duck.

Last edited:
With the crackling noise: I've had chicks and ducks have that before. Several times a day a massage the crop area. I've had great success with the massages and have only lost 1 with it. Whenever you can try it.
I take the chick/duckling and hold it in my left hand. With my right hand thumb I massage a circle counterclockwise and then upward towards the throat/head. I do it 10 times. Then I let them rest and come back later and do it again. I try to do it 3 times a day or more.
(sorry I missed you saying the crackling noise was being made or I would have told you earlier. :()
There is air in the crop of your baby duck.
Thank you so very much. This is very helpful advice. I wasn’t sure what to do, this will help me out tremendously. I will massage the little one’s throat as soon as I get home. What causes air to get into the crop?

Thank you so very much. This is very helpful advice. I wasn’t sure what to do, this will help me out tremendously. I will massage the little one’s throat as soon as I get home. What causes air to get into the crop?
I think they hatch with it. The ones I had seemed too. :confused: I don't know why it happens, but the massage helps a lot. After you massage it usually the bird has a rush of energy too.

I think they hatch with it. The ones I had seemed too. :confused: I don't know why it happens, but the massage helps a lot. After you massage it usually the bird has a rush of energy too.
I’m very happy to report that when I got home tonight, the crackling is totally gone! Thank you for the wonderful help! :celebrate

Here’s a video of how the little one walks. It’s little leg is twisted entirely the wrong way. The little one is much livelier though. Is there anything I can do for its leg?

047E9593-67EB-4D0D-A9FF-6C63625EA7BB.png

Here’s a video of how the little one walks. It’s little leg is twisted entirely the wrong way. The little one is much livelier though. Is there anything I can do for its leg?

View attachment 2922757
Can you tell if it causes any pain if you try and rotate that leg to a normal position?

Thank you. I am most likely going to try to make some sort of hobble. How would I go about making one? I tried your link but couldn’t get it to work on my end. :hmm

Anyways the little one is doing great. I’m so relieved that he ate and drank with out any issues. :wee

He is currently sleeping on my chest while I watch the Saw movies! :p :love

Back
Top Bottom