Struggling with my current duck hatch

Is there any way I could make a splint for the little one?

@Isaac 0 when you get a chance, can you offer any advice on this little one’s leg?
Yeah that's what I was getting at was maybe trying to make some kind of splint or something.
With that rotation being like that I don't know how well a hobble would work. I think one leg might still just turn back inward with the hobble on. 🤷🏼‍♀️
But it's worth a try.
I was wondering about maybe wrapping the leg with medical tape somehow to stiffen it up or something. Gosh I don't know I guess it would just be trial and error.

When I think of a Hobble I think of something more like this
Screenshot_20211208-201411.png

If you did it with a vet wrap or medical tape like that post showed above, it may not be able to walk at all. But if you babied it for a day or so.. make sure it got plenty to eat and drink and couldn't go head first and drown in it's water dish...
Who knows it might correct pretty fast. That duckling I had with the curled foot here while back corrected just overnight.

Congratulations @FunnyfarmMidwest I know you're going to adore those Runner's. I will have Runner's at some point 😍 They look so full of personality and unique 💜 Your ducklings are gorgeous!
Thank you so much! I dearly love these little guys and will do anything for this little baby. I’m glad his is doing OK at the moment. I though about smuggling him to work in a little tub, but I don’t think my boss would appreciate that! :p

What's the matter your boss doesn't like animals? lol
The thing is you need to do something pretty fast to keep the leg from getting any worse.
Hobbles may not be the cure splinting may? like Shaw said trial and error. The biggest problem is with you working nothing may work because he will need to be watched closely to keep from drowning in his water dish.

Another thing you could try is a very quick swim to observe how the leg responds. Just a bowl full of water, put the baby in for just a few seconds to see how she uses it.
Swimming would be good therapy IF it is able to, but you’d have to see how she responds first.

I can’t get over their coloring, so beautiful!

What's the matter your boss doesn't like animals? lol
The thing is you need to do something pretty fast to keep the leg from getting any worse.
Hobbles may not be the cure splinting may? like Shaw said trial and error. The biggest problem is with you working nothing may work because he will need to be watched closely to keep from drowning in his water dish.
Yes, I may leave on my lunch break and try to rig up a splint for the little one. I may be able to bring him in and watch him. My boss said he doesn’t mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom