Stubborn Prolapsed Silkie Hen.

My mom keeps putting pressure on me saying that I'm probably gonna have to put her down.

She's improved, & is still lively, & alert. If she's not suffering, I'm not gonna put her down.
How many hours out of the day is there a prolapse? Is it still there pretty much all the time?

It's up to you, but I would give a timeline and if she's not able to retain it in xxx amount of days or whatever, then consider your next steps.

Sometimes a prolapse can't be completely fixed. It stinks when that happens. A few years back I put a really nice Barred Rock down because of it.

How many hours out of the day is there a prolapse? Is it still there pretty much all the time?

It's up to you, but I would give a timeline and if she's not able to retain it in xxx amount of days or whatever, then consider your next steps.

Sometimes a prolapse can't be completely fixed. It stinks when that happens. A few years back I put a really nice Barred Rock down because of it.
I'm only over at my grandpa's place for a few hours to care for the birds, so I can't give a specific time line of how long it's out for. I keep my birds at my grandpa's place since he has the space for it.

The good thing is the prolapse doesn't protrude as far as it used too, but still requires some help to get back inside her after she poops.

I'm gonna give her one more week, if it doesn't stay in within that timeline, I'm gonna put her down. I feel like this can't be fixed, even after I fixed the cause. I was hoping clearing her constipation would help fix the problem, but her prolapse won't stay in. I believe all of the continuous straining may have actually torn the muscle, preventing her from retracting it back inside.

Back
Top Bottom