Stubborn

Roxadee

Songster
Dec 30, 2023
:frow everyone! My pilgrim geese have slept inside a coop their entire short lives (My gander is over a year and my females are right at a year.) I have separate sleeping quarters for my geese, ducks, and chickens. The pilgrims have decided they no longer want to sleep inside; however, I like the idea of keeping them from predators, so my husband and I herd them in every night. I don't mind telling you it's a chore. Here is why I'm writing this: Here in southern Indiana, we are having major rains (there isn't a dry spot anywhere, and I'll go one step further; there is so much water everywhere it looks biblical). We are expecting 55 to 60 miles per hour of wind starting an hour ago. Do I try to put my geese up or not? I have a three-sided fence around a decent-sized pond.

i would put them inside , they wind is going to make the water freeze quickly and they can get trapped in ice. all my birds hate wind anyway.

How big are their sleeping quarters? When I have weather like that mine just have to stay put. I come out once a day to feed them and lay down a fresh cover of straw. They recently had to spend four days in their coop and they did fine, they were just really mad.

How big are their sleeping quarters? When I have weather like that mine just have to stay put. I come out once a day to feed them and lay down a fresh cover of straw. They recently had to spend four days in their coop and they did fine, they were just really mad.
It's big enough for them to walk back and forth; they can stand tall, there are windows, and they can see the chickens and ducks. There is a wall of chicken wire separating them from everyone else and a door.

Better just have them stay in there if you don’t want to chase them in during bad weather then..they’ll be fine :).

Two of my geese when I came out to feed them after they’ve been inside all day :D:

Attachments

• IMG_4929.jpeg
    IMG_4929.jpeg
    801.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom