Stuck egg, light green/yellow poop

Brandy2512

Songster
May 19, 2020
Delaware
Hi,
My girl Sunny has a stuck egg I think. I noticed just this morning that she was acting strange, more standoffish. Then I saw some light yellowish white green poop or discharge coming from her vent. She is walking around but definitely not herself. She is a little over a year old ISA brown. I’ve lubed up her vent with some olive oil. I tried giving her a calcium tablet crushed up in some yogurt but she wasn’t real interested. She had a couple bites. Any ideas on how I can get some more calcium in her? Should my next step be a warm bath? I am so worried about her.
402E0C52-9E03-424F-B96A-1735069D6A3F.jpeg

She is still leaking some white/yellow discharge/poop from her vent. I crushed a calcium tablet, mixed it with about a tablespoon of yogurt in a syringe and squirted it down her beak. Her vent doesn’t seem to be pulsating really fast but I can definitely see her contracting some. I guess I just wait for a little bit now to see if it works? I’m just so worried. She is my sweet little weirdo who has such a unique personality.

She’s still in the same spot. There seems to be more pale yellow/white & some clear discharge. She’s still puffed up with her neck kind of tucked in. It’s almost time to roost. If she doesn’t make the move to go back to the coop on her own, should I just pick her up & put her on the roost?

I walked her to the coop last night. She was able to jump up to the roost by herself but the other girls were a little too interested in what was going on with her vent & were picking at it. So I ended up putting her in a dog kennel in the garage for the night. She’s still there now and made it through the night. She’s still holding her tail feathers kind of weird. I just gave her some more calcium. I don’t want to overdo it. It looks like she had more of those clear egg-white poops with some white & pale yellow in it. I’ll take a closer look after I eat my breakfast & try to take some new pics.

Back
Top Bottom