Stuck in a dark corner

Like meat bird formula? The secondary feed I'm giving them Is nutrena country feeds egg producer w 21 % protein. The normal feed is Kent home fresh extra egg layer w 16%. The mix is usually a lil more of the Kent
I am not aware of those brands.......Grower feed is for Chicks after 8 weeks old till they are layers..........Then layer feed after laying........

Cheers!

An update. Elvis has died. She was out in the run this am, hiding under a board lean-to. Kinda just hiding out. 4hours later I found her dead next to the water in the run. I don't know where she slept last night, I had put a fresh layer of pine chips on the floor of the coop and some lean-to boards in case she slept on the floor. Didn't really look like she had though. I wish I would've brought her into the garage a few nights earlier. I don't know what it really was; sick, her extreme moult, recent cold snap, excessive pecking or a combination of all. I will closely monitor the remaining 6 hens. Does giving BOSS or mealworms,in moderation, increase the protein? I want to increase the protein, to help with the cold and molt, but don't want to deprive them of other nutrients

That's the thing, I'm still getting some eggs each day. Today I got 3. 1 yesterday, 3 on Friday. I do have oyster shell out, that I never see them eat. So I'll get a bag of starter n see

Back
Top Bottom