stuck with 2 many roos, want to do it right

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MakNat, Oct 16, 2009.

1. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ok here goes. I raised allot of babies this year. We sold allot, gave a allot to neighbors and friends. My hub put allot in the freezer. And of course I had to hang on to a few and I bred a couple specific breeds to get a roo. Blah, Blah, blah I know... Now we're all approaching winter and I have roughly 40-45 birds all together. 13 are roos. there are at least 5 that I absolutely want to keep for next years breeding. Have several different breeds of hens. And I can't get rid of the rest. The freezer is full. I've had a free ad for weeks. I've tried to get rid of them every way shy of loading them up and dumping them on someone else. Which I would NEVER do! I don't know what to do. I have pair and trio ads for next to nothing CHEAP just to get rid of the roos. I have one big coop they sleep in and I let them free range, but with all the young roos they go way to far. I know if they didn't kill each other or break down the hens I could easily sell them in the spring. Sorry its been a long dreary week. I'm blabbing, I know. I just want to do the right thing. They are all so gorgous. I also can not give away beautiful grown muscovey drakes.
  2. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

Get another freezer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by