Stuffing/Dressing Advice Needed

OldGuy43

Songster
8 Years
Question:

Can I mix up the stuffing for my turkey up the night before and stuff it just before I put it into the oven? I ask since I have to have the turkey in the oven no later than 5:30 am because OldGal has to be at work at 5:00 pm, so we have to eat early.
sad.png

Last edited:
I've done it before. My stuffing recipe has nothing raw in it, so there won't be any issue.
As long as you don't stuff the turkey until just before putting it in the oven, it works great. I zapped it in the microwave to warm it up a touch before stuffing the turkey because it turned into a solid chunk overnight in the fridge. I didn't heat it too hot, just a little bit, then stirred it up.

I would keep the broth separate and add it just as the stuffing is going into the bird. All the chopped veggies, spices, and bread should beO K if mixed together the night before. The broth can be made and just refrigerated separately until the last minute.

Yes, waiting till morning to add the broth would probably help stop it from becoming a brick in the fridge. Not too hard to just stir in the broth and then stuff the turkey. DH reminded me that the stuffing was pretty heavy and dense that year.

Back
Top Bottom