Stupid chicken...stupid cat...stupid dog...stupid me!!!

Too funny! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the night we brought the new pig home and he got out. Running through the neighborhood yelling "Pig! Pig! Pig!" at the top of our lungs, having the pig run back and forth through the barbwire fence, the horses trying to stomp it when it gets near them, me trying to keep the horses from stomping it, in pitch black night, with a flashlight that freaked both the horses and the pig out! My DH who is not totally on board with the whole farm thing, running around trying to help me, but just making it all worse! Oh, and the dogs running and barking and nipping at the pig because obviously it was bad if we were chasing it at night, and the cat running around with us because we were having so much fun!

Yep...you fit right in!
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

Shelly

P.S.-this was also done in pj's, sans bra, but I had the advantage that it was at night!
tongue2.gif
But, I often do my early morning or late evening chores in pj's and boots. My 14 yo DD is horrified!
hide.gif

Bless your heart! I understand... Don't know if you ever read about me taking my goats to the sale barn-- but to let you know you aren't along....Here's my story.

We had two bucks that needed to go to the sale...Dh had loaded them and was ready to pull out of the yard when he was called into work! I was dressed for work (a linen pale cream suit -skirt and jacket), royal blue silk tank and cream colored 4' high heels.. It was the early 1980's and I had BIG hair (if you are from the south you'll understand), big earrings and my make up was prefect.. Dh said.. "You'll have to take them up there, You won't have to do a thing but back the truck up to the ramp. The guys will do everything"...Since I had a meeting at 10--I wouldn 't have time to come back home and change.. So, off I went....... Well, I got up there, started to back the trailer and one of the bucklings jumps up and over the 6 foot tall trailer!! He's headed for the highway, I jump out and start chasing him... He's running everywhere and I am running right after him, thru the brambles, the red clay, the ditches, broke one heel and torn the pantyhose completely off one leg )half of it was hanging down by my foot, the other half was clinging to my slip causing static cling... after about 30 minutes of this, I said-- (in not this nice of words) "to heck with it, run out in the road and I'll pay for the damages"... I turned around and started up the hill to the truck--- only to have the goat run pass me and into the sale barn! I unload the other goat...got my sale slip and started to get into the truck when I noticed two older 'gentlemen' sitting on the tailgate of their trucks ---as I passed them one said "Honey, when are you bringin' another load? I have never laughed so hard in my entire life and I been comin' here for 30yrs or more"! I smiled, got in the truck and cussed my dh all the way back to my office..I walked into a multi million dollar deal meeting, with no shoes or hose, I had turned my hair into a bun and stuck a pencil in to hold it, makup was gone--sweated off, four of my long beautifully manicured nails was all that weren't broken and ragged.... I had sweated so much the silk tank was clinging to me---showing every curve, bump and the jacket had red clay splatted on it...
So, believe me I do understand.... It's been 25yrs and I am just now starting to think, I might like to have goats again.....

Back
Top Bottom