1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stupid dog!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by AmateurChickie, Sep 1, 2013.

1. AmateurChickie

AmateurChickie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Hi all, we have three dogs and they are all fine with the chooks, there was only one time when our youngest dog (about 2 years old) killed a chook, but my aunt snapped him out of it before I moved here and we haven't had a problem since.
    Two weeks ago, one of our chooks died, we suspect she was egg bound and we buried her, and we even put bricks and wood over the 'grave' but our staffy is still digging her up. It is disgusting. How can I get him out of this?

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    If you can , next time consider cremation . It's probably safer , if you are not 100% sure of the cause of death. Dogs have a keen sense of smell, and its distressing for you to have to go through the burial ritual over and over. So unless you have some religious reason not to , just consider it as an alternative .

3. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Wire (check for sharp edges so the dog's paws stay safe) and then the stones.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by