Stupid facebook aps!!!

Quote:
Eek! It actually burst into flames?!

wink.png

Quote:
Eek! It actually burst into flames?!

wink.png

Whether or not you meant it seriously, thank you for giving me another excuse to hate laptops. Laptops are my enemies.

Some of the Facebook aps (My Aquarium, for example) take my processor up over 70% capacity. No matter which fan you use and how you cross your legs,
wink.png
this is going to cause overheating in a few short minutes. When you hear the fan really rev up to try to dissipate more heat, you have only a short time left before it overheats and quits on you. Other Facebook aps are coded better and don't cause this problem. Note which ones make you computer quit and stop playing those particular games... Problem solved.
The older your laptop and the lower your processing power, the worse the problem will be.

Best regards,
Brad Sylvester
Bird Watching
Facebook Fan Page

My computer crashed from facebook aps. Took it to be repaired and the repairman said that facebook is one of the worst places to pick up viruses especially from the aps and games. Mine was loaded with viruses. Now I just look and talk on facebook and don't play games.

Quote:
wink.png

Whether or not you meant it seriously, thank you for giving me another excuse to hate laptops. Laptops are my enemies.

OMG I couldn't live without mine. It goes to work with me, stays on a pedestal in my van as a gps and iTunes machine, comes home to the kitchen counter, and then to bed with me. I replace it once a year.

Quote:
That's false. Facebook does not have viruses unless you are going to links your friends post. Spyware is minimal. Some of the sponsors try to get you with subscriptions that bill your cellphone. As for the apps, most are tiny pieces of code junk. Any decent computer should handle them fine.

"As for the apps, most are tiny pieces of code junk. Any decent computer should handle them fine."

Try "My Aquarium" and watch your processor utilization jump...
tongue.png

Quote:

OMG I couldn't live without mine. It goes to work with me, stays on a pedestal in my van as a gps and iTunes machine, comes home to the kitchen counter, and then to bed with me. I replace it once a year.

I was writing a story and somehow the nasty thing deleted everything!
hit.gif
I run the same word processor on the main computer and it has never had problems. Now I hate laptops.

Back
Top Bottom