Stupid fishercat

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
Yesterday my mom said she say a fishercat running in the neighbors yard. I didnt really think any thing of it. Well this morning i went out to the baby coop to check on things and i only saw 3 out of 8 i figured that the other 5 must be in the coop but when i went in to see there was nothing. So a fishercat got 5 out of 8 of my new babies. I am more mad than sad. I should have done something to protect them yesterday. But i didnt and i ant do anything about that now.

How do i catch a fishercat?

Ohhh, that stinks. That is one of my worst fears.
hide.gif
My sister lives here in the same town as me a few miles away and she had a couple that strolled her yard last year. They are scary. They can come from anywhere. The trees or ground. I do not like them! I hope you catch the little stinker. Good luck!!
fl.gif

Nasty, evil creatures they are! When I was a little girl I lost 2 cats to fishers, and 3 years again my neighbor was attacked by one. They are vicious and...well...evil! My chickens are due to arrive next month and I have my worries about fishers (as well as many other predators) since they are in area.

On a side note, I never knew those things were protected. That just means you can't get caught shooting them, right? hehe
wink.png

I wonder if it was something else that happened ....... i am no expert, but i think if the fisher was able to get any at all, it would have cleaned house and you would have none left.
Also, if they find a source of food, they will come back until its gone.

Back
Top Bottom