1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stupid Flies!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by flossyfelix, May 18, 2017.

1. flossyfelix

flossyfelix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2016
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    Hey y'all! First let me just say...WHOA! I know I haven't been on in awhile, but wowwww what a change! Lol. Anyway... I need some help! How do I get rid of flies??? They are taking over this summer! I can't take it! I feel badly about putting the ducks up there are so many! Any advice?? I need the! GONE!

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, the flies here are bad this year too, and I have been wondering the same thing about my chicken coop and run. I can't use those sticky fly strips, because it's been so windy.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Buy one of those hanging fly bait traps ...Also you can use Vanilla car fresheners and hang in the pens...Surprisingly enough Flies love poop but hate Vanilla...I hang one at my back door and I rarely get them in my house either....

:frow

flossyfelix and BlueBaby like this.
  4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

I might have to try that Vanilla car freshener idea. I can thumbtack one of those up in the coop.

chickens really likes this.
  5. flossyfelix

flossyfelix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2016
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    Thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by