Stupid Mille question

pennie1

Redneck Silkie
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Hiles
Is Mille a color or a breed? I have seen pics of bantam cochin Mille's and other breeds that seem to have only 1 thing in common, and that's the mottling of their feathers. Could someone please answer my question gently?
smile.png
hmm.png
tongue.png

It's a color
big_smile.png
several breeds do come in the Millie pattern and others are working on it still like the Cochin's I have seen some hatcheries call the D'Uccles by nothing more than Mille's...makes it very confusing for a new chicken nut to figure out..like when you see Frizzle...frizzle what?

Thanks for being so gentle. I thought it had to be a color, but wasn't quite sure. Heck, I've got some Mille mutts out in my yard!!!!
clap.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

"Mille Fleur" is French for a thousand flowers. It's a color, although Mille Fleur d'Uccles are often referred to simply as Millies because the color is so common to that breed.

D'uccles are a seperate breed - they come in the colors: mille fleur, self blue (lavander), porcelian, golden neck, white + others I think.

Mille fleur is a color - and as far as I've seen its only recognized in a few bantam breeds - I've never heard of a Large Fowl in Mille Fleur - but i bet that would be awesome!

D'uccles (booted breed)
I think its OEGB the little mille fleurs without feathered legs - I think those are OEGB
In Europe Mille fleur cochins are recognized - and american breeders are working to standardize the color in bantam cochins here at the moment.
Also i think there are a few who are working on a mille fleur bantam brahma as well.

No worries on questions! Thats what we're all here for to learn and share our knowledge with each other!
smile.png

I'm excited I have 11 Mille fleur D'uccle eggs under a silkie that should hatch Thursday.
celebrate.gif

I appreciate all of the help. Sometimes people get a little over-enthusiastic and it tends to put people off.
big_smile.png
cool.png
smile.png
sad.png
wink.png

lol yeah. Hey I was there myself once - shoot I still ask questions, its a never ending thing.

Only thing that bugs me is the same person asking the same question/thread 2+ times in the same day or two. lol otherwise nothing bugs me really on this forum or people asking Q's in general. All good.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom