Stupid Question

Tyandmacsmom

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
I have four roosters; a silkie, we call Mama, (we thought he was a girl at first), a Delaware we call Big Boy, and two Australorps that I don't really have names for. Our silkie crows every morning, and half the day. I think I heard a garbled crow this afternoon from a different bird, and am not sure which one. The thing is, Big boy is almost 5 months old, so isn't that kind of late to start crowing? The Australorps are about 12 weeks...is it typical that with more than one rooster, only one will actively crow? (For what it's worth, I have seen both Mama and Big Boy try to "go to town" with the ladies in the past two weeks.)

Thanks in advance!
Miranda

I had four white leghorn roosters and only one of them seemed to crow. The others kept pretty quiet until he wasn't around and then they would crow. I think he bullied them into being seen but not heard. They started crowing around six weeks old.

Quote:
X2 definetly would help
smile.png

Different breeds can start crowing at different ages. Some can start at 2 to3 months but most at 4 plus months. The boys may be practicing with the girls perfecting their technique.

Back
Top Bottom