Stupid Questions Thread

Hahaha @BertS
I think to win a Nobel prize you have to do something that will benefit Humanity. Now if you could just invent something to help with couch potato farts you might be on to something, lol

My stupid question for the day is this: Could the "stats" of Unanswered posts be stuck? Yesterday I answered 20 posts and I know many other people answered lots too......why is it still showing 16 pages?

Today I am going to answer 50 Unanswered posts, which is a whole page......it better be down a page or I give up. Boo Hoo

They show up as quickly as they get answered.
I spent time yesterday trying to answer some and they were mostly about incubation and breeding.
hu.gif
I know nada about such things.
Although...there have been stuck things all over the web...so Now I don't figure it is just me and my computer anymore... maybe we broke the web.

i mean..., somebody did, might not have been me.
hide.gif

Okies, it's time for me to come home to roost for a bit. My stupid question of the day is:
How do roosters know it's time to crow in the morning. I know they crow at a whole bunch of other stuff but they always crow at daybreak.

Btw we came to the conclusion that there are way more than 16 pages of Unanswered posts. It tops out at 16, so that's all we can see.....there could be a kazillion for all we know. So I have started to answer just the ones for October. I figure anything older is probably irrelevant by now but it would still be good to check for newbies in those outdated posts.

Btw we came to the conclusion that there are way more than 16 pages of Unanswered posts. It tops out at 16, so that's all we can see.....there could be a kazillion for all we know. So I have started to answer just the ones for October. I figure anything older is probably irrelevant by now but it would still be good to check for newbies in those outdated posts.

That explains it. If you go into the poster's profile, you will sometimes find that they posted the question a second time or in a relevant thread and got a response. Also, for older posts, you can see in the profile if the person is even still active on BYC.

As for your rooster crowing question, my little twerp must be internationally inclined- he will crow at all hours. Guess it's always daybreak somewhere!
People use those anti-crow collars to try and stop the crowing. I wonder if a falcon hood would stop the early crowing. Daybreak would come when the hood is removed.

Well I did some research on rooster crowing because there was actually an Unanswered post on this subject. Apparently roosters have an internal clock and they don't need daylight to start crowing.

Btw when I tried to post that answer that Unanwered post was already gone, lol. People are stepping up thanks to @chickenraiser24 who directed us to the problem.

Can abstinence hurt a mature rooster? I decided to give my poor hens a rest from "Big Boy". Big boy would grab them by the feathers on their heads and have his way with them. When some of his favourite hens actually wound up bald, I decided to pen him up for the winter as I won't need any fertile eggs until the new year.

Back
Top Bottom