Styro-bator has a turner now!! PICTURE HEAVY!!! UPDATED!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Hey guys!
well, went to wal-mart today, and guess what I found near the ice machine? SOME STYROFOAM ICE CHESTS!!!!!
I was soo excited, and my mom got one for me! And even though I plan on hatching in the Spring, I am gonna make my bator over the winter so I am ready by Spring.

So here's my supplies so far:

This is the bator and all the supplies so far(the hum./temp. aren't included but I have them!)

This is a pic of just the ice chest:

Things left to add:

*wire
*water/sponges for hum(although I am doing dry incubating, but I will only add water if it goes down to 25%)
*glass window
*new hum./temp. gauges, and a water wiggler?(i will get these on my Birthday probably, but I have some already, but then I can't use the water wiggler on them.

I may add a homemade turner like some people did, too!

Any ideas or thoughts?

Last edited:

77horses

11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Looking good so far?
anyone? anyone out there?
WAKE UP!!!!! LOL joking!
Just seems like everyone's sleeping right now!

77horses

11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
I will! I got some new batteries for my camera, too! That way when I start hatching again I can take loads of pictures!
Night all! Will post progress later on!

And if anyone knows how to make a homemade turner, PLEASE PM ME!
Thanks!

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
I was wondering if the rapture happened and left you and me behind.
(jus jokin... I don't believe in the rapture)

77horses

11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
LOL! Ya it seems like everyone's gone!

I believe in rapture though.(not the one where everyone thinks we are gonna fly away, but the one where we are gonna leave this earth some day!)

Puddle Foot Farm

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Maryland
How much was your ice chest? I hate Wal-Mart, and this is the ONLY REASON I will ever step foot in there. And I planned to be armed with exact change.
Or.. Approximate.

77horses

11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Quote:We got this ice chest(they also had coolers but this was cheaper) for about $5.50.
If you don't know where to find it, then look where the store has an ice machine.(like where they sell those $1.00 bags of ice) That's where these coolers/ice chests were!

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
I got one of those ice coolers at the Dollar Store during the summer. I don't know if they still have them tho. Good job..can't wait to see more pics of your progress in building it.

Jody

Top Bottom