Styro-bator has a turner now!! PICTURE HEAVY!!! UPDATED!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Hey guys!
well, went to wal-mart today, and guess what I found near the ice machine? SOME STYROFOAM ICE CHESTS!!!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
I was soo excited, and my mom got one for me! And even though I plan on hatching in the Spring, I am gonna make my bator over the winter so I am ready by Spring.
thumbsup.gif

So here's my supplies so far:

This is the bator and all the supplies so far(the hum./temp. aren't included but I have them!)

14678_chicken_pics_and_incubator_003.jpg

This is a pic of just the ice chest:

14678_chicken_pics_and_incubator_001.jpg

Things left to add:

*wire
*water/sponges for hum(although I am doing dry incubating, but I will only add water if it goes down to 25%)
*glass window
*new hum./temp. gauges, and a water wiggler?(i will get these on my Birthday probably, but I have some already, but then I can't use the water wiggler on them.

I may add a homemade turner like some people did, too!
thumbsup.gif

Any ideas or thoughts?

Last edited:
Looking good so far?
hmm.png
anyone? anyone out there?
WAKE UP!!!!! LOL joking!
caf.gif
Just seems like everyone's sleeping right now!
lau.gif

I will! I got some new batteries for my camera, too! That way when I start hatching again I can take loads of pictures!
Night all! Will post progress later on!

And if anyone knows how to make a homemade turner, PLEASE PM ME!
big_smile.png
Thanks!

I was wondering if the rapture happened and left you and me behind.
tongue.png
(jus jokin... I don't believe in the rapture)

LOL! Ya it seems like everyone's gone!
gig.gif
lau.gif

I believe in rapture though.(not the one where everyone thinks we are gonna fly away, but the one where we are gonna leave this earth some day!)
tongue.png

Quote:
We got this ice chest(they also had coolers but this was cheaper) for about $5.50.
If you don't know where to find it, then look where the store has an ice machine.(like where they sell those $1.00 bags of ice) That's where these coolers/ice chests were!
wink.png

I got one of those ice coolers at the Dollar Store during the summer. I don't know if they still have them tho. Good job..can't wait to see more pics of your progress in building it.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom