Styrofoam incubator

indigo flats

Chirping
Jan 29, 2017
Elgin South Carolina
Out of curiosity where do you think is the major concern on heat leakage. If I was going to attempt to stabilize heat in a styrofoam by beefing it up where would be the ideal place to add more foam on to it?

Out of curiosity where do you think is the major concern on heat leakage. If I was going to attempt to stabilize heat in a styrofoam by beefing it up where would be the ideal place to add more foam on to it?
I use small blankets draped across the top of the windows and flowing just past the point where the top and bottom meet. It works great! My house is chilly (58 ish) and I couldn't even get the incubator up to temp at it's highest setting. That being said the temp in my room isn't fluctuating by more than 2 degrees. And on my very first hatch have 17 out of 18 in lock down right now... one was not fertilized.

Just be sure not to block any of the ventilation holes.
smile.png

Happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

I got six going right now on a trail run the hen I collected from I think is going broody on me she quit laying in the hen house and is laying in a hidden nest. Well she thinks it is hidden.

My incubator I think is doing fine temperature fluctuates a little but humidity is like I want it. I am thinking on beefing it up with some Styrofoam to improve it, I believe the lid would be the only part that needs added foam because heat rises so I would assume heat loss is through he lid.

My incubator I think is doing fine temperature fluctuates a little but humidity is like I want it. I am thinking on beefing it up with some Styrofoam to improve it, I believe the lid would be the only part that needs added foam because heat rises so I would assume heat loss is through he lid.
How much is temp fluctuating that you think you need to 'beef it up'?

Heat leakage would most likely come from a lid gap, as in the lid not fitting well to bottom.

Be careful covering incubator, venting is important.

Back
Top Bottom