Subscribe to this post??????

kstaven is right every time some one replies to a thread you get an email I am subscibed to several currently
big_smile.png

Henry

Quote:
Reason you are getting a new email again and again is because you are probably logged on so much it registers you as having seen it, so it sends you a new message regardless of if you really did read it or not. I get a new message on a new post all the time... It's kind of a combo of if you are logged in, have a window open with that thread in it, and how often you check your messages. LOL

Actually your both right (but joebwe25 is just a little more right) ....

smile.png

The forum will only send you one email IF you stay away from the board, BUT if you are subscribed to a topic and you are happily browsing the forum you will continue to get posts as that thread is updated.

For example, subscribe to a popular thread and then close your browser. You'll get one email, even if that thread gets 30 replies.

BUT, if you subscribe to that thread and hit refresh over and over, you'll keep getting emails when there are new posts.

At least, that is how it is suppose to work (so if you are on vacation you don't come back to 5,000 emails).

big_smile.png

Is there a way to turn off the email notification but stay subscribed to the topic? I check in often enough that I don't want to be notified by email when someone replies, but it is nice to be subscribed to find a certain topic or post easier.

click on your user name and then on the left click privacy and check the boxes that apply. You can select to remember you between visits

Back
Top Bottom