Subscriptions/Watched Thread Question

Leahs Mom

Free Ranging
8 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Indiana
In the "old" BYC, on the subscription page, it would have a note with the number of posts since I had last read. When you click on that thread title, it would take you to the place you left off reading -or- you could choose to go to the "last post" in the thread.

Is there still a number that tells how many posts since I last read? If so, where to find it? If not, that's a feature that I'd like to have in future tweaks.

Got that, thanks! :)

Now...the thing that's most important to me - number of posts since I last read. Is there a number of posts since I last read somewhere like there was on the old BYC subscriptions?:caf

I haven't seen anything indicating how many replies since you last posted to a thread. But you can go to the bar near the top and click on Watched Threads and it will tell you if there are new posts to threads you have participated in.

On the old byc, on the subscriptions page, if there was a new post - or posts - since you last visited, it told you how many for each thread you were subscribed to.

That's what I'm hoping we can get again :)

If there is more than one page, at the bottom right, it will tell you how many messages are left....
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 5.07.05 PM.png

I see that on the thread pages.

But what I'm looking for is on the Watched Threads page... for each thread watched, there used to be a number that indicated how many posts there were since you last visited that thread.

I see that on the thread pages.

But what I'm looking for is on the Watched Threads page... for each thread watched, there used to be a number that indicated how many posts there were since you last visited that thread.

I haven't had that for months, and when I asked about it, people acted like they had no idea what I was talking about...

If you click on the thread title, it will take you to where you left off. There is also a button in the top left (above the first post) that says "Go to First Unread".
i understand what you are saying, but knowing how many there are before you click on it helps so that if you have multiple threads that you need to catch up on you can choose one with 5 replies vs. one with 178-1500 (and yes i read them all and usually reply to many of the posts) replies depending on how much time you have to read them

If there is more than one page, at the bottom right, it will tell you how many messages are left....
View attachment 546250
that is helpful but not quite the same, thanks

What are the check boxes for on the watched threads? I thought we could manage threads but after you check the boxes it doesn't do anything. I checked some threads I no longer want to follow and when I clicked manage threads it just gives option to delete all threads?

Back
Top Bottom