Sudden onset of Heartburn - what causes it?

pbjmaker

Crowing
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Central Iowa
For the last couple of weeks no matter what I eat it seems to cause heartburn. Anyone have an idea of why? I've never before been a person who got heartburn except maybe every few years. I will probably go to the Dr. but am trying to wait until October when I can have a physical again.

Stress or foods that cause a reaction, for me it's like peppers, spices, greasy stuff. But good idea about asking your doctor about it.
smile.png
Hope you get better!

Pregnancy.

----Sanity is like a parachute, just because you lost yours, don't think you can borrow mine.

Last edited:
I went to the doc a few years ago with severe trouble. Told me to lay off caffeine, sugars, fatty foods. Anything acidic can be painful to any lining already harmed by the acid juices during heartburn. This includes tea and coffee decaf or not, tomato, citrus....Take an otc heartburn pill helps me now when I have trouble, but at the time I had to go on persciption meds.

Definitely see your doctor before too long. The acid damage from acid refluex which causes heartburn can be tremendous. Would be a good idea to get your esophagus scoped, just to make sure there isn't damage starting. It isn't really something to toy around with, since heartburn can also be a sign of ischemic heart disease, but this is less common. I know when my former housemate first complained of heartburn, they tested him for the presence of H. pylori, the bacterium that causes stomach ulcers. Sure enough, he had an ulcer, and treatment of the ulcer cured his heartburn.

Quote:
smack.gif

My diet hasn't really changed, and it would be a miracle if I was pregnant, although Wellsummer wouldn't know that so I won't smack her...

I am sooooooo getting even with you!

On a lighter note - my guineas are due to hatch in about 1 1/2 weeks and look to be growing strong!

Quote:
smack.gif

My diet hasn't really changed, and it would be a miracle if I was pregnant, although Wellsummer wouldn't know that so I won't smack her...

I am sooooooo getting even with you!

On a lighter note - my guineas are due to hatch in about 1 1/2 weeks and look to be growing strong!

Oh great! I'm about to take a nap and I'm going to have guinea nightmares again.
hide.gif

Quote:
I had the same problem when I was younger, I think I was 12 or 13. I missed a lot of school, and had to go though a lot of test.

Back
Top Bottom