Sudden onset of....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 10, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    dizziness? What gives? I don't have fever, though my temp is low--96.8--which kind of tells me that I will have a fever, a very high fever.

This started late last night, I thought I was just tired, but that's not it. Last night it was so bad, it was making me feel nauseous, this morning, it's not as bad yet.

I feel very heavy, and kind of 'swimmy'. The dizziness is not as bad as it was, but earlier this morning I had woken up, and as soon as I sat up in bed, the dizziness and nausea started in. That was about 5:30.

I do have a bit of a cough, but I smoke, so that's probably the reason for that.

So what would cause a sudden onset of severe dizziness, so bad that it causes nausea?

2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:blood sugar level?

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

also inner ear infection - would cause the fever and the dizziness

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I had that two weeks ago, inner ear infection, sinus infection and brochitis.

Go to your nearest express care if you can not get a hold of your family doctor.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I agree. Sounds like inner ear.
    Hope you are feeling better soon. You too EweSheep. [​IMG] to both of you.
    Yesterday was the day to up the dose of my new med. to twice a day. I'm dizzy right along with ya sister. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Get your blood sugar checked..and also..what the others said..it could be inner ear. How are you feeling now?

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:The back of my neck/head feels 'swollen', but I don't notice any swollen glands back there. I'm not so much dizzy now, but I feel like I'm in a fog I guess. I guess it is still kind of dizziness, but not as bad as it was.

I just don't feel 'right', that's my problem! [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:The back of my neck/head feels 'swollen', but I don't notice any swollen glands back there. I'm not so much dizzy now, but I feel like I'm in a fog I guess. I guess it is still kind of dizziness, but not as bad as it was.

I just don't feel 'right', that's my problem! [​IMG]

weeeell, that dont sound right Shelley..
    You better go in to get checked.. Any clinics open around you?

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Are you kidding? They close the whole town down on Friday at 4 pm, there's nothing open around here. And of course it's a holiday weekend, I don't know if the holiday will affect the dr. office or not.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    All you can do is to call or go to the ER.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by