Suddenly overrun in eggs again!

Got 8 eggs out of the baby coop today - including my first one from an EE (greenish-blue).

Four super large eggs from my brahma coop.

I'm happy
smile.png

Quote:
Oh for crying outloud!

Darn dust missed!
he.gif

I'm so hurt.

I can't get light out to the coops, so today I hit the dollar store and saw those cheap tap lights and bought 2 and a bunch of batteries. If I can figure out a place to put them without a problem of getting in a turning them off, then I'll use the rechargable batteries until next month when I have some help.

That doesn't work I guess I'll have to sell more off....
hit.gif

wolf tracks... Sell more what... I hope not your girlies.
The lights are a good try, if they are strong enough. Someone said on BYC that you should be able to read a newspaper... not the girls but a person inside the coop. That should tell you if the light is strong enough to benefit the hens laying. What ever you do, the earth will soon tip the other way and WA=LAAA more eggs
thumbsup.gif
My girls have been laying 11 to 13 out of 18 layers sometimes 9. I do some lighting as we are pitch black by 4:15pm and the sun doesn't rise until 7:50am

Ummmm, I'm lodging a complaint. None of that pixie dust came my way. No egg bonus here. But I did catch my roo mating my EE, so that must mean her molt will be over soon, right? (she's all feathered back in) PLEEEEZZZZZEEEE.

Gritty........can you get your girls on the phone with my girls and let them know they need to earn their keep? Don't they know it's Christmas for cripes sake? I bake at Christmas and I REFUSE to buy those nasty things they call eggs in the store!

Quote:
If you've got mating going on, I'll bet eggs will soon follow. Thor never touches the girls when they are molting. Guess it will feel something like mating a pincushion to him.
lol.png

Quote:
If you've got mating going on, I'll bet eggs will soon follow. Thor never touches the girls when they are molting. Guess it will feel something like mating a pincushion to him.
lol.png

Or a porcupine!
lau.gif
She wasn't the happiest about it though.

Last edited:
Thursday I am off from work and I plan on putting the timer on....however, today I got my first eggs in over 2 months..My bantams laid 2 and my partridge cochins laid 1. Not good enough, I just spent 117.00 in feed...I need eggs....I will not buy them this winter with my head hung down from shame....
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom