Suede and Skye...with Meg

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Dec 24, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Most of you know my Suede and Skye (RIP Velvet). He has two new blue women. One is laying, but I dont think the other has started yet, but I'll know when I get two pullet eggs rather than just one.
    Skye's coloring, post-molt, has changed quite a bit, IMO. It's deeper, more laced with some interesting contrasts. She hasn't begun laying again just yet, so her comb is a bit smaller, but I think she'll start back soon. Skye and Suede will be two years old next month.
    Reintroducing Skye, with the second pic of her at a younger age to compare the colors:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skye with Meg in a rare sunny moment:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    SKye is just beautiful. Nice conformation to her body

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Beautiful Cyn- I am anxiously awaiting my first black pullets laying so that I can start building a blue flock too. I can't wait.

4. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I will be getting some Bantam Blue Orpington eggs after the first of the year. I'm so excited! Orpingtons just ROCK!!!! Wish I could do LF, just don't have the space, so bantams are better than no chickens at all.

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    They're so gorgeous! I love her post-molt coloring. I want blue orpingtons now!

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Very nice! Very nice!

7. speckledhen

Julie, I do think Skye is lovely, but my Velvet, to me, had an even more typey body than Skye. Skye's face is a bit more feminine, I think, than Velvet's was, but together, they were a great pair for my Suede. I think he missed Velvet for a very long time.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Speckled, those are the most beautiful hens I've ever seen, especially Skye! I'm hoping to get some chicks from Tuffoldhen this spring so I can raise some beautiful blue hens like you have. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Quote:Thank you, what a nice thing to say! They are some real eye candy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by