1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Suedelettes, 5 Weeks Old..(Now 8 Weeks Old! Post 8 new pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Jun 12, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

The three Suedelettes with Nugget are now five weeks old. Roosevelt, formerly known as Rose, is going to be a humongous, stunning rooster and needs a home right now. I will also be selling the pure black cockerel, but Ebony, the only girl, is spoken for by Cetawin.

Nugget gave me a hard time, staying between me and her kids as well as she could. She just automatically protects them from that mean old chicken-eating camera, even though she isn't as thrilled with them as she used to be, LOL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Oh My GOSH!!!! Roosevelt is awesome!!!! Somebody, snatch him up quick!!!!

3. speckledhen

And the name can be changed. We were originally calling him Rose in a hopeful way. Now, we are no longer in denial, LOL, hence the Roosevelt. He should be a regal rooster!

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Gloria Jean could get him and call him Franklin . . . . . .[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OK, OK, bad double pun....I guess you have to be from western NC?????

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL....THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ALL GIRLS MS. NUGGET! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

The chick formerly known as Rose is now almost 8 weeks old and HUGE so I'm trying to start incorporating him and his mom back into Isaac's group. Today I let Nugget out with Roosevelt while Ike and girls were also free ranging. Isaac asserted his dominance several times, reclaiming his missing woman while Roosevelt ran in circles, first running toward me, the next best thing to his mom; then he remmebered he was mostly Orpington and shouldn't associate with humans, LOL.

When I told Ike to run along and leave poor Nugget alone, I threw some scratch out. Nugget and Roosevelt ran around in the group, eating with everyone else. In fact, when the youngster was confronted by my Buff Brahma hen, he stood tall as he could eye to eye with her. He also held his ground with my older Buff Orp, Sunny, so could be that soon, he can go with his mama into that flock till someone claims him.

One observation: Nugget did not defend him against the adults, so though she isn't actually pushing him away, she is letting go.

Hope someone claims this handsome boy soon! I have no place for him in the groups here. I bet he's going to be stunning.

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, Cyn - Roosevelt is GORGEOUS! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Oops, forgot to post a current picture! Thanks, Wynette! Meg and Suede throw some handsome babies, I think.

[​IMG]

9. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I would love to have Roosevelt to add to my lav group, they are 14 weeks old. if you were just a little closer [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Quote:I wish you were, too! Pics don't do him justice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: