Suet Cages

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenfriendly, Sep 3, 2011.

1. chickenfriendly

chickenfriendly Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    I am looking for a nice size suet cage for my girls, possibly to put a head of lettuce into it and hang inside my chicken coop. Does anyone know where to get something like that or what to google to find it. The suet cages I found on line only fit a piece of bread for birds. I am looking for some sort of cage and I am not sure suet cages are what I am looking for. Any suggestions?

2. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I got a really nice one on clearance at Petco for $2.50. I'd check there or petsmart and wallyworld has a bunch here, too

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

If you check the wild bird section of wal*Mart you will find suet cages... It would be tough to get lettuce in unless you sliced it to size. (which would work fine, I'm sure).

These are all over the place
    http://www.eggcartons.com/Treat-Ball-Chicken-Toy/productinfo/TREAT-BALL/

I think I got one for 3.00 at My Pet Chicken or at one of the Vet supply places like Jeffers Vet supply in their poultry dept. They may also be at a pet store.

4. chickenfriendly

chickenfriendly Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    ChicKat, I love that ball!!! Unfortunatly they are out of stock [​IMG] This would work great for them. Thanks for the link! I will have to check out Walmart. Thanks all. If anyone has anymore advice I'm all ears and beaks.

5. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Lowe's has suet cages along with bird seed and even dried meal worms.

6. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We use treat balls like that for our rabbits. We've found them in pretty much any pet store (petsense, petco, etc).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by