Sugar has taken over the roost!

kbroom

Songster
Jan 26, 2023
It seems that SUGAR has now taken over the brooder! She now flies up on top of the water dispenser. From there, it will just be about 3 more inches to FREEDOM! Help! These chicks have just turned two weeks old yesterday, and I'm working as quickly as possible on their chicken coop. Hope I can make it soon!!! Cocoa was the 2nd one to try her wings. She flew up on the food dispenser yesterday! Then there's cute little Sweetie and Joy. They seem to be intrigued when I sing to them. Sugar will bluster and flap her wings at me when I first come in to check on them. They seem to love the attention for a while...

Attachments

• IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 16
Impressive headgear on ‘her’ for two weeks old.

My broody has most chicks on the roost playing around by 3-4 weeks. If it gives you some timeline
Oh, oh....she's supposed to be female...boo hoo. Even if it's a male, I'm still keeping him, but that would explain the dominant stance that "Sugar" has taken...now, I'm praying!!!!

Oh, oh....she's supposed to be female...boo hoo. Even if it's a male, I'm still keeping him, but that would explain the dominant stance that "Sugar" has taken...now, I'm praying!!!!
I highly doubt thats a female right there. Just some advice, as sweet as it may seem now, if he begins to peck you, chase you, bite you, wing dance, or attempt mating your hand, do not let him. He will become a brat later on. If you prevent this behavior early on you have the best chance of a nice roo in the future.

I highly doubt thats a female right there. Just some advice, as sweet as it may seem now, if he begins to peck you, chase you, bite you, wing dance, or attempt mating your hand, do not let him. He will become a brat later on. If you prevent this behavior early on you have the best chance of a nice roo in the future.
Thanks for the rooster advice. I'll certainly keep it in mind!

Back
Top Bottom