Suggestion about pm messages

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Could it be made so that a pm is automatically saved in the sent messages? I hardly ever remember to click the 'save this message' button, and most times I regret it.

Also, could it be done so that the pm's are automatically quoted? I know many people do this, but it would be really helpful for those that don't.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I second this! I go back all the time to see my sent messages and there arent any.
roll.png

Quote:
Totally agree on both! Especially the second one, it is a drag for someone to write back "that sounds like a good idea" and have no idea which pm they are responding to!
hmm.png

yes I agree both of those suggestions would he a great idea if the PM functioned more like an e-mail

I like the PM system just the way it is. I doubt anyone has more PM's on this forum than I do. Ask Nifty! Hahahahaha! I had over 5,000 at the last delete.

Instead of clicking reply click quote. It really is not that hard.

Also, if every PM you write is auto saved that counts against your storage space and you'll top out twice as fast.

OH, I am always answering PM - somedays to the point I barely get a chance to visit the forums to see what's new or to even check who has hatched fluffy butts from my eggs.

Also, could it be done so that the pm's are automatically quoted? I know many people do this, but it would be really helpful for those that don't.

I think that would be a wonderful change!!
It doesn't *seem* like it would be a difficult thing for Rob to have changed, but it must be --- I have asked about that same thing before.
Since it didn't look like it was happening, I asked in my sig line...
!
!
\\/​

Everyone's PM boxes would rocket to 100% really quick if we defaulted to save pms. But maybe that way more peeps would get GFMs ?
wink.png

Technically it is an easy change, but again, we've weighed the pros and cons and would rather peeps get in the habit of checking the "save sent" when sending PMs that they want to keep.

BTW, I've warned MP on MANY occasions to tell everyone asking her for help directly in PM: "What a great question, how about you post that in the forum for everyone to learn and grow together!"

The staff's job is not to answer general chicken questions (unless they want to and it should be on the open forum) but people still PM them and I can't force the staff not to be nice and answer.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom