Suggestions for a name for our place

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by froggie71, May 7, 2009.

1. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I was trying to think of a name for our place. We really only have an 1.5 acres. So we can't be called a farm or farmette. But since we've had ducks, guineas and now chickens everyone teases us about having a "mini farm".
    Doing research on farmette aka farmlet aka yokelet, I was thinking maybe a funny term could be "yolklet". So how does Grady's Yolklet sound?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Is Yokelet common? I've never heard that term that I can recall, but I did look it up and now I know what it means! Other than that, I think Grady's Yolklet is a cute play on words... as long as others around you know the term Yokelet, too!

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ha ha...that's cute.

4. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Well, I didn't get too many comments about this, and my sister thought it was a stupid name, so I've been trying to think of something else. Again, since we have soooo many birds "Fowl Farm". Any thoughts on this name?

5. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Even if you're not familiar with term, and I'm not, Yolklet makes me think of a yolk outlet. I think it's a neat farm name.

We have a brook going through the property, Stony Brook. I like the name Stony Brook Acres, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in use already. If I ever seriously decide to the name the place, I'll have to research that.

6. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

7. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Well I still haven't come up with a name. I know some of you out there are really good at coming up with names. I had 1 suggestion today I kind of like "Fowling Around". Anyone else have any thoughts?

8. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Froggie's place?

9. Sammimom

Sammimom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Sammamish,WA
    I like "Fowl Farm." We also have a menagerie and only one acre, but on our coop is painted "Two Dog Farm." This is kind of a family joke, as my husband wants my parents to name the half acre of grapes they have planted "Two Dog Vinyard" or "Bad Dog Vinyard" for their dogs.

10. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Quote:I like "Fowl Farm" too. I used this for my farm on Farmtown. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by