Suggestions on crosses with Buff Orpingtons

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Carolina Chicken Man, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Carolina Chicken Man

Carolina Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Does anyone have any good/interesting experience crossing with BO hens.
    I have seen a nice looking outcome (partridge/mottled) with Black Orpingtons.

2. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    I recently hatched a BO rooster to a Brown Leghorn. The chick is cute. Blond with brown stripe on head. Curious to see what it looks like when it feathers out.

3. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I have a 3.5 week old chick that I hatched from my pen and that I feel for certain was fathered by my BO roo and I believe the egg was laid by my Salmon Faverolles.The chick looks like a BO with a little muff underneath it's chin.I can't wait to see what it will look like when older.

4. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:THAT would be cute to see!! I love my SF's! [​IMG]

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh geesh, I must get my own puter working to post a pic of our showgirl/buff orp cross.....it looks like a miniature buff orp with a necked neck.....no fluff to speak of ....feather like a buff orp..but looks and size is like my showgirl....not the prettiest bird we own..... [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Speckledhen has a hen who is a BO/RIR cross if I remember right. She is very pretty.

7. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Buff Orpington rooster with Golden Laced Wyandotte Hens make a very pretty cross.

Jean

8. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    [​IMG]

Meet Papa, my cross between a RIR roo and a Buff Orp hen

9. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have a BO roo crossed with a Dom hen. She is the cutest little one. Sorta stripey on her back....but golden inlaced. She is only a few weeks old...but very pretty!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by