Sulcata tortoise hatchlings not moving much

You should be good with them for the next few years. The next big change will be when they go outside.
I have a 24x24 foot fence, I just have to clean out some of the brush and make reinforcements near the bottom, and then I have to winterize it

This is their breakfast today

Attachments

• 16680900429737366162045987174588.jpg
    16680900429737366162045987174588.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
I have a 24x24 foot fence, I just have to clean out some of the brush and make reinforcements near the bottom, and then I have to winterize it
You have plenty of time for that. They really should not be outside full time until they're 8-10 inches from front of shell to back. That's typoically 3-5 years old depending on how fast they grow But they will need a heated tortoise shed in the winter. they do not hibernate and thay don't really burmate either. So they'll have to have a warm place to chill when it's cold outside.

This is their breakfast today
Remember, carrots are sweet, so don't overdo it. They're a treat. Do you have access to grass/hay all winter? Timthy and orchard are the best, as little alfalfa hay as possible. should be 90% of their diet. With leafy greens and some tortoise feed as the rest, and supplemental treats.
They look like they're settling in really well though!

Remember, carrots are sweet, so don't overdo it. They're a treat. Do you have access to grass/hay all winter? Timthy and orchard are the best, as little alfalfa hay as possible. should be 90% of their diet. With leafy greens and some tortoise feed as the rest, and supplemental treats.
They look like they're settling in really well though!
Yes we actually make our own hay for cows and horses so we have lots, and we also have lots of pasture full of grass

Ok so one of them is eating a lot and sleeping normally but the other one is always sleeping and only eats a little bit and has watery eyes, also neither of them have been going to the bathroom when I soak them daily, should I be worried about the one that's not eating much

Back
Top Bottom