1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sulmet and tylan 50 questions

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HK Bar Ranch, Jan 6, 2012.

1. HK Bar Ranch

HK Bar Ranch New Egg

Dec 18, 2011
    My question is that I have 2 hens one is a 5 month old wheaten Ameraucana that has bubbles in her eyes and is sneezing. My other is 7 moth old Ameraucana that sneezes and has smelly discharge out of her nostrils. I just started today with 1/2 cc injections sub q in the breast for both. Should I or could I also dose their water with sulmet ? I have my "chicken ICU" as my wife likes to call it up and running and they are removed from my flock...also i have read on here 3 days and 5 days of dosing...which one? and when can i return them to the flock? Thanks so much

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Smelly discharge is usually a sign of coryza. Treatment is sulmet in conjunction with tylan. Sulmet is mixed with water. If you give both at the same time, it will be hard on their system and could be risky. Your other option is to cull, I wouldnt mess with coryza, it is contageous. Here's a link, scroll down to "Infectious Coryza." Good luck.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Quote:Smelly discharge is usually a sign of coryza. Treatment is sulmet in conjunction with tylan. Sulmet is mixed with water. If you give both at the same time, it will be hard on their system and could be risky. Your other option is to cull, I wouldnt mess with coryza, it is contageous. Here's a link, scroll down to "Infectious Coryza." Good luck.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Great site!!!

4. HK Bar Ranch

HK Bar Ranch New Egg

Dec 18, 2011
    thanks to all...all my birds are now doing great....i also got some ls 50 an would highly recommed it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by