sulmet dosage?

The quick and dirty method is to mix the entire amount into a known quantity of distilled water. 2 Tbs. = 1 oz./ 8 oz. per cup./ 6 cups = 48 oz. + 4 Tbs. = 50 oz.

Make sure the powder is completely dissolved and the resulting `suspension' shaken well. So, two Tbs. should yield ~ single gallon dose.

Store the unused portion in fridge should remain active for at least 6 wks (shake well before use).

I am wondering what I can do or/and what other drug to switch to. I was thinking Baycox, but maybe I should use Amprollium. Our state vet stated recently cocci is becoming more resistant to sulfa drugs.

Does someone know where I can get Amprolium? Is it going to cost an arm and 2 legs?

Thanks

Last edited:
baycox is not available in the USA as far as I know (and that would be my drug of choice) First state vet has amprollium... Peter will give the dosage instructions with that.

Oh I put light bulbs (60W) in their pens( 3ft X 3 ft) and I covered the pens with tarps and they are inside an insulated coop, but it was probably still only 50* in there last night. They are 8-9 weeks. Should I be keeping them warmer? I am thinking I might have to insulate their pens and put a larger light bulb in. (?)

It was 32* out last night.

Back
Top Bottom