Sulmet or Terramycin?

Even if there were no clumps or noticeable smell, I would still get rid of it. $13 for a new bag of feed is a lot cheaper than losing your flock. Many years ago I bought a bag of cracked corn. The chickens only slightly picked at it. The turkey wouldn't eat it. The horses turned their noses up to it. The wild birds wouldn't eat it. It didn't smell bad. It looked normal. Those animals detected something I didn't.

We were planning on getting a new bag of feed today anyway, even if the rooster hadn't died. Money is not an issue for us and I would spend as much money as possible to save my birds. My mom and I were going to leave right now to go get feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Yes, even if it's not accidental from getting wet or something, it can be contaminated. Look at the garbage that was being put into dog and cat food. Look at the contaminated spinach, peanut butter, etc. that was sold for human consumption. If corporations care so little about human food, dog food and cat food, there is nothing to make me believe that they care about chicken food.

Quote:
Yes, even if it's not accidental from getting wet or something, it can be contaminated. Look at the garbage that was being put into dog and cat food. Look at the contaminated spinach, peanut butter, etc. that was sold for human consumption. If corporations care so little about human food, dog food and cat food, there is nothing to make me believe that they care about chicken food.

Absolutely! Scary stuff.

Thank you everyone for your help.

(In case you are wondering I had a joint account with my mom
-franklyfrancki- and posted a lot on it. But now I am MikasGirl for obvious reasons.)

Back
Top Bottom