Sulmtalers Thread

Pics
Hi Brice,

Good to see you here and on the Bresse thread. I have been reading about your Bresse project which I found very interesting. Have you tried adding milk to the Sulmtalers feed as well?
juststruttin,
Thanks a lot, and yes, we have tried it and they love it. I think we will continue to offer it to them.
Best,
Brice @ SF

For those of you that have Sulmtalers, what is the youngest age that your hen laid her first egg?

Mine are only 4 months old, but I've heard they are slow to start laying.

caf.gif

Hi Everyone

I was recenty introduced to the sulmtalers and am eager to learn more about them.

Does anyone have info on body wieghts, even at 5-6 months old on the boys and the girls?

Does anyone free range the bird? How do they compare to other breeds?

Thank you.

We keep ours in tractors, with constant access to grass and bugs. We allow them to free range a few days a week, and they seem to enjoy it. We're in the middle of setting up our new hoop houses, and anticipate free ranging them daily with this system. They don't put on weight as quickly as Bresse, but our research shows that their greatest growth occurs between about 150 and 199 days. They are delightful to watch and we are really excited about them. We have both the Wheaten and the Gold Duckwing.
Best,
Brice @ SF

We keep ours in tractors, with constant access to grass and bugs. We allow them to free range a few days a week, and they seem to enjoy it. We're in the middle of setting up our new hoop houses, and anticipate free ranging them daily with this system. They don't put on weight as quickly as Bresse, but our research shows that their greatest growth occurs between about 150 and 199 days. They are delightful to watch and we are really excited about them. We have both the Wheaten and the Gold Duckwing.
Best,
Brice @ SF
THank you!! Funny you mention bresse, that is the other breed of interest.

Any idea what the average cckl weighs at 6 months compared to your bresse? rephrase-- which would have more meat by 6 months??

The Bresse are larger, but the Sulmtalers have a nice size. Our Bresse are about 8+ live weight at that time, although we process about 5 months. Our largest Sulmtalers are the Gold Duckwing cockerels, the hens of both the wheaten and GD seem about the same size. Hope that helps, feel free to PM us if you have other questions.
-Brice @ SF

The Bresse are larger, but the Sulmtalers have a nice size. Our Bresse are about 8+ live weight at that time, although we process about 5 months. Our largest Sulmtalers are the Gold Duckwing cockerels, the hens of both the wheaten and GD seem about the same size. Hope that helps, feel free to PM us if you have other questions.
-Brice @ SF
THank you.

I continue to look for a good meat type bird. THe wheaten is useful for camo in the wood. Will continue to look for more pics and information.

I have a question, how many colors of the Sulmtalers are there being bred here in the US and I'm asking if there is anyone willing to sell any GDW eggs? Thanks, Eric

Well I have seen Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, GDW, and I have read where someone had Whites and I was just wondering if there was any other colors. Thanks, Eric
(thank you Arielle)

Back
Top Bottom