Sultan Roo experience??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mccaff mama hen, Aug 20, 2010.

1. mccaff mama hen

mccaff mama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Does anyone have experience with Sultan roo's? I have a young Sultan roo (about 15 weeks) that seems a little rough to my 11 week old Barnie and polish girls he grabs them by the neck and doesn't let go. I have also seem him while they all are free ranging, grab and hold my 14wk silkies by the top of their heads. I just wondered if anyone had experience with them to say what they are typically like. I also have a 13 wk Ameracuana roo, that I really like that is low man and gets picked on by my BO, EE pullets and the Sultan sometimes. He seems sweet and i want to keep him, but my husband thinks the Sultan is so cool he wants to try and keep him, unless he's mean.

2. kindir

kindir Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Connecticut
    I had a Sultan roo who I had to get rid of. He was actually decent to his hens, but I couldn't even get in the pen to change the water or add food without him attacking me. I'm not saying that they are all that way - chickens have different personalities even within the same breed, but that was MY experience. I was so sad - he was quite handsome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by