Sultan Roo experience??

mccaff mama hen

Songster
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
Central Indiana
Does anyone have experience with Sultan roo's? I have a young Sultan roo (about 15 weeks) that seems a little rough to my 11 week old Barnie and polish girls he grabs them by the neck and doesn't let go. I have also seem him while they all are free ranging, grab and hold my 14wk silkies by the top of their heads. I just wondered if anyone had experience with them to say what they are typically like. I also have a 13 wk Ameracuana roo, that I really like that is low man and gets picked on by my BO, EE pullets and the Sultan sometimes. He seems sweet and i want to keep him, but my husband thinks the Sultan is so cool he wants to try and keep him, unless he's mean.

I had a Sultan roo who I had to get rid of. He was actually decent to his hens, but I couldn't even get in the pen to change the water or add food without him attacking me. I'm not saying that they are all that way - chickens have different personalities even within the same breed, but that was MY experience. I was so sad - he was quite handsome!

Back
Top Bottom