Sultan still has not laid an egg

My Sultans were awful layers. I generally got 2-3 dozen eggs a year per bird. They seem to be late to mature also.

Thanks

She is a sweet heart and more of a pet than any others. I was getting very concerned that she might have something wrong that might need to be addressed

thumbsup.gif

Seems a lot of people are under the impression that pullets start laying at 18-20 weeks. Honestly that's really early, only the more productive breeds start that early and most pay for it with health problems later.

She's start when she's ready, be glad she hasn't yet.
smile.png

Thanks,

She really is a sweetie. She lives separate from the others because of her sweetness She has only one running partner a silver lakenvelder with some kind of weird paralysis on one side. They are best friends as long as she does not crow everything is good.
tongue2.gif

Yeah, Sultans are late layers and mature slowly. My rooster didn't start crowing until he was approx. 6 or 7 months old and my pullet, who is exactly 5 months old today, hasn't showed any interest in laying and is still maturing. They are very sweet birds though. My favorite breed.

Back
Top Bottom