Sumatra gender help...updated pics

Sumatra as well I assume? If you have any pictures, I would love to see a comparison. I hardly see splash Sumatra hen pics.
I would love to show you a pic of my splash sumatra hen. She's about a year old and is a little flighty but is friendly. This is Melon. I'm sorry if the pics aren't that good.
IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_5052.JPG

I would love to show you a pic of my splash sumatra hen. She's about a year old and is a little flighty but is friendly. This is Melon. I'm sorry if the pics aren't that good.
View attachment 1632845 View attachment 1632847
Omg she is like Birdie’s twin! Except Birdie’s face isn’t as red (but it’s getting there). She has this awkward red to yellow ombré head going on lol. Totally can see what you mean now. Thanks so much for the pics. Really appreciate it. Really puts my mind as ease that she will be hen!

Omg she is like Birdie’s twin! Except Birdie’s face isn’t as red (but it’s getting there). She has this awkward red to yellow ombré head going on lol. Totally can see what you mean now. Thanks so much for the pics. Really appreciate it. Really puts my mind as ease that she will be hen!
Your Welcome. When Melon was growing up she had the same red yellow awkward face too. I hope you really enjoy her. I love the Sumatra breed and took about a year or 2 just to have a breeding pair, but now I have a trio. I hope to one day become a Sumatra breeder but I don't have enough space right now.

Your Welcome. When Melon was growing up she had the same red yellow awkward face too. I hope you really enjoy her. I love the Sumatra breed and took about a year or 2 just to have a breeding pair, but now I have a trio. I hope to one day become a Sumatra breeder but I don't have enough space right now.

I do! Birdie is probably my favorite because she’s so sweet. She wasn’t always super sweet. She was more feisty but with a lot of handeling and patience she became a really nice little bird! And that would be great if you became a Sumatra breeder. They are super hard to find and when you find them they usually don’t ship chicks. So the more Sumatra breeders the better!

View attachment 1632845 View attachment 1632847
One more question.. not sure where Melon is from (love the name btw!) and I’m assuming it depends on their lines but when she she start laying? I keep finding conflicting info so I’m trying to figure out a ballpark. And when did she become full grown size wise?

Back
Top Bottom