Sumatra Thread!

This is the only pullet we kept, we sold the rest to another breeder who is probably more interested than we are in pursuing this variety :). She is not as well laced as the blues but our first year cross so well see....

Call me crazy but how is this not just a blue? Sure it's a little lighter but... I also don't see any of these duns and platinums any where but on here?

Call me crazy but how is this not just a blue? Sure it's a little lighter but... I also don't see any of these duns and platinums any where but on here?
In person, she is more of a dove color. Platinum colored birds are a perfect mix of both parent colors, all of the pullets we hatched were the same shade. I'll try to get some pics of her with my camera and see if I can get the color to show up more. I might try to snag a picture of the dun bantam cockerel as well. He was looking like he had a weak tail when it was cold but now that it is warmer and he's maturing, he looks pretty decent for a project bird.

I know duns are still pretty darn rare in sumatras. We've sent some dun sumatras to Louisiana, Georgia, Missouri, Arkansas, some to California, we've shipped eggs all over. Platinums are maybe more rare than the duns. Ours came about by accident, we were having some fertility issues at the beginning of the season so we tossed a runty khaki sumatra rooster in with a runty dun hen and some blacks and blues and got the platinums.

Heard about the mudslide in Washington. Hope you ladies/guys in that area are ok and that no more mudslides happen.
hugs.gif

If my son can get better pictures you can see that the lacing is more of a chocolate color also, its not a blue with darker blue, its more of a blue with dun lacing and cape would be more dun colored, I had a friend take those with his camera and they are kind of pixeled as well not the best quality. Maybe we can pick her up and get pics

Back
Top Bottom