Sumatra Thread!

Hay guys. I have just made a new thread, specially for LONGTAILS of all kinds. It doesn't seem to be getting any replies, I really thought that there would be people with longtailed breed. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in adding to it in the hopes of setting it into motion?

It's called Lontail Chicken Breeders and Fans Thread

Hey cluckcluckluke,

You missed the "g" in longtailed in your link title, perhaps it's not getting more traffic because it might not be coming up in the search. Hope this helps,

-Stephen

Last edited:
Are you using Blue to Blue matings to produce these nicely laced birds?

To start with, I am using a blue male on specific black hens that show a bold lacing effect on their plumage. If I go the other way around with blue hens and a black roo, then I seem to get a lot of mossy coloring in the offspring. (this is based off of hatching at least 50 to 100 chicks, and crossing my fingers I at least get 1 or 2 keepers out of it
fl.gif
) I then have been doing a lot of other pairings there after, depending on the direction I want to go with the offspring. I guess I could go on and on, but I have this image in my head of what I want. I am just not sure how to get it.
th.gif

Her type is nothing at all like what a Sumatra should look like. I assume she's a hatchery bird but she's even further off type than most hatchery birds I've seen.One of the characteristics of the Sumatra that I find most appealing is their smoth silk-like feathering. While I can't see her feather quaity real clearly in this picture the impression I do get is of very stringy feathering.

She is a hatchery from Meyer I think. Thanks for your opinion.
If you enlarge the photo, you can also see that she has duck-foot.

Ok thanks :).

I will see if I can get a better picture of her feathering ;).

To start with, I am using a blue male on specific black hens that show a bold lacing effect on their plumage. If I go the other way around with blue hens and a black roo, then I seem to get a lot of mossy coloring in the offspring. (this is based off of hatching at least 50 to 100 chicks, and crossing my fingers I at least get 1 or 2 keepers out of it
fl.gif
) I then have been doing a lot of other pairings there after, depending on the direction I want to go with the offspring. I guess I could go on and on, but I have this image in my head of what I want. I am just not sure how to get it.
th.gif

Interesting. So do the Sumatras actually carry the Pg (pattern/lacing) gene? Or is it genetically edging not lacing? (If not sure can pluck a feather and lay against a white surface, lacing will still have the dark outline, edging does not)

League of Angels Hack Diamonds And Gold 2014
Download ->http://leagueofangelshack.wordpress.com/
League of Angels Hack Diamonds And Gold 2014 Produce Gold and Diamonds by utilizing League of Angels Hack , the very useful tool for the video game that will present you with what you look for . Possessing a massive amount of gold and diamonds will certainly definitely make you enjoy the game and all its capabilities without a doubt. There is no jailbreak required to use the League of Angels Hack and Cheat without limits. It is 100% confirmed that you will definitely get the amount of Money you want in the game. With League of Angels Hack , you will definitely have a ton of fun playing since you can easily buy anything you want effortlessly. Before you download, it is actually advised in order to read all the great benefits of the app and its benefits when working with it.
Working 100% Daily Updates
Features:
Instant VIP 1-10
Unlimited Gold
Unlimited Diamond
Max Title
Download ->http://leagueofangelshack.wordpress.com/

Interesting.  So do the Sumatras actually carry the Pg (pattern/lacing) gene?  Or is it genetically edging not lacing? (If not sure can pluck a feather and lay against a white surface, lacing will still have the dark outline, edging does not)

Yeah Its just edging.

While I was out moving birds around today, I took a couple pics of our super dark blue bantams that are almost black. I have tried to describe it to folks, about how it is so dark blue that it looks like black with a matte center. These two are from the same bloodline, we got the eggs this spring and got them to hatch and for the longest time I thought they were both black until we were moving them. When you breed blue together for too long, they get too dark. So we will be breeding these two to some of our other blues in hopes of lightening the color some.

First is the side of the cockerel

Next is the pullet

NW Sumatras, is this kind of what you are talking about your black with lacing? My son posted these of one of our cockerels awhile back, he looks black now except when you put him in certain lighting and you can see the lacing, he got darker as he got older. Myron Berger gave my daughter her first pair of black bantams and have given us other blues and blacks over the years, he said never breed blue to blue but black to blue and you'll get the best lacing. We consider this blue? because I would think a black feather would be all black? I don't know that much about the technical part of genetics.
I tried to get a pic this morning after work but it was kind of early and still shady so all the pics came out dark except one of her but in the sunlight but it was so early it makes her look more brown than she is but I posted it because it shows kind of the lacing we get in the blues when using this type of black to blue.

So does anyone know if the pics above if the bird is blue or black? Myron calls them black, but I really don't know.. are black birds laced?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom