Sumatra Thread!

[COLOR=008000]NW......THAT is a GORGEOUS bird. Once you get enough[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]hens and roos like her will they breed true when bred to each[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]other or is it a constant[/COLOR] [COLOR=008000]struggle to keep the lacing and even color?[/COLOR]

You know that is a good question. I do not know enough about the blue genetics to answer, but I will say I have noticed I am getting more and more nicely laced offspring from pullets like this one. Even my splashes are coming out with a faint lacing on each feather. Hopefully its becomes less of a struggle with time.

You know that is a good question. I do not know enough about the blue genetics to answer, but I will say I have noticed I am getting more and more nicely laced offspring from pullets like this one. Even my splashes are coming out with a faint lacing on each feather. Hopefully its becomes less of a struggle with time.

Are you using Blue to Blue matings to produce these nicely laced birds?

Hi all, how are you guys?
My pekin finally went broody, and guess how much eggs she had under her
I removed the eggs of hers and put 3 Sumatras and 4 Sussex eggs under her, so three weeks time from today and we'll have chicks.
The two birds below I sold,for the best one I got €5 and for the worst one I got €7. I sold the worst one to some undesirables.
And the air rifle is a brilliant thing, I've got 3 pigeons and on Sunday I got my first crow. And they have all been good clean kills, mostly neck shots!

Hi all, how are you guys?
My pekin finally went broody, and guess how much eggs she had under her
I removed the eggs of hers and put 3 Sumatras and 4 Sussex eggs under her, so three weeks time from today and we'll have chicks.
The two birds below I sold,for the best one I got €5 and for the worst one I got €7. I sold the worst one to some undesirables.
And the air rifle is a brilliant thing, I've got 3 pigeons and on Sunday I got my first crow. And they have all been good clean kills, mostly neck shots!

Good luck with your broody, hope that all your eggs hatch.

What do you all think of her?

If I remember correctly, champ said her tail had to little feathering.

Her type is nothing at all like what a Sumatra should look like. I assume she's a hatchery bird but she's even further off type than most hatchery birds I've seen.One of the characteristics of the Sumatra that I find most appealing is their smoth silk-like feathering. While I can't see her feather quaity real clearly in this picture the impression I do get is of very stringy feathering.

Back
Top Bottom