Sumatra Thread!

Pics
why are all the sumatras i hatched out this year cockerels?????????
i do have a decent pair i'll be selling at the ohio national.

My Platinum Sumatra cockerel today, who we've named Poe. He's getting bigger and stating to put on weight, I was a little worried about his size for a minute but it seems like he's maturing nicely. Please excuse the poopy plastic tote he's perched on.
smile.png

IMG_5417.jpg

Until I get a few more Sumatra pullets for him (I only have 1 Black hen right now) I'm thinking about putting this hen with him, she's a Buff Leghorn. I'm interested to see if she might be carrying the Dun gene, hidden under all those Buff feathers... I'm excited to see what colors pop out of this pairing.

IMG_5425.jpg

Quote:
Gallo, love those top two photos! Your Sumatra X's are really looking good.

thank you .
I'll post more pictures when they get don't molting.

I heard back from the people that are using my blue sumatra photos on their webite...

They said.... "Let me say it again. We do not have Sumatras, we have Cubalayas."

Well first of all, I dont care what birds they have.
Second, I do care that they are stupid enough to use photos that dont belong to them.

I take way too many photos to watermark them all. So I do appreciate you you guys spot my pics, and let me know.

Looks like that web page has been taken down.

seeing everyones sumatra pics on here makes me want to go take some updated pics of my birds.... I have a few Im quite proud of.

Last edited:
Quote:
Even though they were hard headed about the situation Kat, I'm glad you seemed to have gotten it resolved.

I really don't understand why people can't just use their own photos?
hu.gif

Quote:
I am NOT a Leghorn fan, but she is super CUTE!!!!
love.gif

I don't like Leghorns either, but I wanted a white egg layer that I could count on to give me some contrast in my basket. I didn't just want a plain boring old White Leghorn though, there's a breeder who lives a few hours from me who raises primarily Mediterranean breeds and when she told me she had Buffs I got some hatching eggs from her. I hatched a trio, sold the pair and now I have my one white egg layer. I do think she turned out very cute too.
smile.png

Quote:
Trust me, I find mine all over the place. Some people just dont care and use others to advertise their crappy birds. Like they said, they dont have sumatras, so they didnt have any of their own to take a pic of. and they dont have to be water marked to still be illegal to take. Do like I did, put them all in a form where they are cpoy right protected.
Then you can inform them of the fact that they are using stolen copy right protected pictures.

Hate they did it to you, been there a bunch. Find mine on ebay and places like that a lot, as well as on others sites. A lot of the time, they honestly didnt "steal" from you directly. In todays age, all you have to do is do an image search and take your pic of which one to take....

Back
Top Bottom